Hi Southern Alberta Cross Country Ski Clubs
The Built for Speed Series gets underway Sat Jan 11 at Confederation Park in Calgary. Thank you to Foothills Nordic Ski Club for hosting our inaugural B4S event.
registration link - https://zone4.ca/reg.asp?id=6101&lan=1&cartlevel=1
race notice link - http://foothillsnordic.ca/new-race-series-built-for-speed/
The focus of these events are on:
- increased participation in entry level race events by southern Alberta ski clubs - we would like to increase the number of clubs who participate in these type of 'introduction to racing' events.
- club recognition - the focus isn't on individuals in this series, but instead on earning points towards being recognized with a club banner - four banners will be presented to the four clubs with the greatest number of points after four events. All skiers will earn points for their club regardless of finish position. We would like to take the focus away from the individual and place it instead on the team. Host clubs can choose to present individual awards if they want.
- differentiated events - there are two different types of events in the B4S event series:
- open events - open to any skier in the age groups identified
- development events - entry at coaches discreation - focus is on novice racers - kids who haven't raced much.
Jan 11 - Calgary - Open Event
Jan 25 - Okotoks - Development Event
Feb 14 - Bragg Creek - Development Event
Mar 9 - Canmore - Open Event
- age groups - B4S events will include midget (2000 and 2001 in the 2013-14 season) and minimidget (2002 and 2003 in the 2013-14 season) categories at every event. Host clubs can choose to include more categories than this if that fits for them.
Additional information about the Jan 11 Built for Speed Event in Calgary.